02.2018* A wrongful death medical malpractice case was settled for a confidential sum.
*A West Carroll mother was awarded sole custody over her children Facts included past rehabilitation for mother.
01.2018* A Richland Parish client was awarded a protective order after a contested trial in which her ex-boyfriend claimed he was not a danger to her or her children.
* A Ouachita Parish father was awarded custody of one of his two children after a Hearing Officer Conference. Prior to that hearing the mother had custody of both children.
* A Jackson Parish father was awarded shared custody of his small child.
12.2017* A Ouachita Parish father was awarded sole custody of his minor children after a Hearing Officer Conference.
11.2017* A Ouachita Parish mother was awarded sole custody of her two children after a trial was held giving her a considered decree.
* A Franklin Parish father's two day custody trial concluded with a verdict in favor of Father which overruled the Hearing Officer's Recommendation in favor of mother.
* A Ouachita Parish father obtained a protective order against the mother of his children after a trial.
* A Caldwell Parish Client obtained a Judgment of contempt against his ex-wife for failure to pay child support.
08.2017*A West Carroll mother who was previously in rehab was awarded custody of her child after a hearing officer conference.
06.2016* A Ouachita Parish father achieved shared custody of his child at a hearing officer conference.
* A West Carroll client was awarded sole cusody of her child after a hearing officer conference.
* A Caddo Parish client's case was successfully resolved after a number of exceptions were filed by her attorney which dismissed the father's claims against her.
* A West Carroll father was awarded primary domicliary custody of his child.
* A Proective Order filed against a male client of the Knight Law Firm was succesfully resolved.
04.2016* A Ouachita Parish father was awarded sole custody of his minor daughter after a hearing
* Mr. Knight successfully resolved via mediation his client's car accident claim which included severe injuries to her neck and back.
* A Caldwell Parish male client won shared custody after a hearing in the 37th Judicial District.g
01.2016* Mr. Knight successfully won primary domicliary custody for a Caddo Parish father.
* A Richland Parish father was granted primary domilicary custody over his child after a hearing.
03.2015* A Union Parish father and a client of the Knight Law Firm was awarded custody of his two children over the mother after a trial was held. Facts included claims by the mother that the father was abusive
* Mr. Knight won his client's motion to modify custody over the mother in a Ouachita Parish case. Facts included a successful resolution of approximatly $10,000 in back child support that was due to the mother.
02.2015* Mr. Knight obtained a ruling of sole custody for a Ouachita Parish mother against a father with a history of verbal abuse.
01.2015* Due to Mr. Knights' counsel a Richland Parish father was able to successfully obtain shared custody over his child and prevent the mother from relocating to Texas with her boyfriend.
12.2014* Mr. Knight was able to petition a Ouachita Parish jduge successfuly for his male client and obtain a 3945 ex parte motion which moved his client from an every other weekend visitation to having sole custody of his children.
11.2014* A female client of the Knight Law Firm successfully won her motion to decrease the father's vistitation from joint custody to sole custody in favor of the mother
* A client of KLF successfully obtained an order of contempt against her ex-husband finding him in contempt of previous orders of the court and sentencing him to 75 days in jail for failing to comply with court orders.
* Mr. Knight successfully tried his client's motor vehicle accident case and client was awarded $5000 per month for every month of treatment for soft tissue injury damages sustained in the motor vehicle accident.
10.2014* Mr. Knight successfully obtained shared custody for a Morehouse Parish client.
09.2014* Mr. Knight successfully obtained sole custody for a Franklin Parish father.
08.2014* A Franklin Parish mother kept primary domiciliary custody of her child which Mr. Knight had obtained at a Hearing Officer Conference.
* A Ouachita Parish client after a two (2) day trial was awarded primary domicliary custody over his daughter. Of particular note is that this client works offshore for half of the month and the child kept in the father's home with his new wife. Mother was awarded every other weekend.
* A West Carroll mother was awarded primary domicliary custody of her child after a day long trial. Of particular note was that this client had undergone drug rehabilitation which was used against her at trial.
06.2014* A Richland Parish woman was awarded primary domicliary custody of her child after a two day trial. Facts included a suicide attempt by the client which was used against her in an attempt to gain custody by her husband.
* A Ouachita parish client was awarded custody of her child although she had moved to Arkansas at the time of the hearing.
05.2014* Mr. Knight orally argued at the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in the matter of Evans v. Evans which was an appeal of an award of spousal support.
04.2014* Mr. Knight successfully tried a Union Parish godmother's case who was awarded custody of a child in favor of the child's mother and father.
03.2014* A Richland Parish father was awarded primary domicliary custody after a hearing.
02.2014* A male client's custody trial in Franklin Parish was successfully resolved in favor of the client who obtained primary domiciliary custody of his child.
06.2013* A Motion to Make A Foreign Judgment Executory was granted by a Ouachita Parish Judge and the case set for trial on a change of custody.
* A North Louisiana farmer and client of the Knight Law Firm recieved a favorable expert report that shows that he is expected to recieve in excess of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars ($400,000) from BP.
* Mr. Knight successfully argued a modificaiton of custody for a Ouachita mother to primary domiciliary custody. Prior to hiring Mr. Knight, this client had supervised custody of her child.
05.2013* Grandparent custodial rights were successfully maintained by Robert Knight on behalf of his clients.
* A Protective Order against a Ouachita Parish male client was resolved in favor of that client and a temporary custody order was set out pending a Hearing Officer Conference that allowed the client to see his children.
* Robert Knight was notified that he has been named a member of Louisiana's Top Lawyers of 2013 by American Lawyer Media (ALM).
04.2013* A Richland Parish woman was awarded primary domicliary custody over her child as well as support.
* Mr. Knight successfully modified a prior custody order of equal custody and obtained primary domicliary custody and child support for a Ouachita Parish mother.
03.2013* A three day custody trial concluded with a Consent Agreement that modified an existing order for a Franklin Parish father and gave him shared custody over his daughter.
* A Richland Parish dad was granted joint custody over his children by the Court. The case began with a Protective Order which was successfully handled and kept the client from having supervised vistiation.
* An exception as to jurisdiction was successfully argued in Lincoln Parish by Robert Knight and allowed the case to be transferred to Ouachita Parish where the mother lived.
* A damage case was successfully settled at trial after an expert witness was located and subpoenaed to court by the Knight Law Firm. The previous offer to settle the case was $0.
02.2013* Mr. Knight successfully won a motion to execute sentence for his out of state client. The client's ex wife had ignored numerous orders by the Trial Judge and remanded to jail for 30 days for her failure to abide by these Orders.
* A North Louisiana family received in excess of $500,000 for their wrongful death claim for their mother who had died as a result of hospital negligence.
01.2013* A Judge dismissed a protective order against a client of the Knight Law Firm after a lengthy trial in which the wife accused the husband of hitting her severely causing her to have to go to the hospital.
* A Richland Parish father was exonerated from a protective order after a trial in which his wife accused him of attempting to run over with her with his truck.
* A Ouachita Parish mother was able to modify her shared custody order and obtain sole custody of her son after it was shown that the father of the child presented a substantial danger to the child.
* A Ouachita Parish client of the Knight Law Firm was able to successfully resolve her wrongful death case by mediation and reach a six figure settlement.
06.2012• Mr. Knight helped a Ouachita Parish woman obtain primary domiciliary custody over her son.
• A Bastrop mother, who was previously represented by another attorney, did not lose custodial rights over her minor children even in light of the father's allegations that the mother had made unfounded allegations against him.
• The Knight Law Firm assisted a client in making a previous property determination into an order of the court so that the client's ex-wife could be held accountable when she failed to abide by the previous contractural obligations agreed to by the parties.
• Mr. Knight successfully handled a Ouachita Parish case where the mother filed for modification of custody against the father of two teenage boys. Mr. Knight had previously represented this client and obtained custody for him. This custody order was maintained by the Court.
• Mr. Knight assisted a client in defeating a motion for contempt brought against him by his ex-wife. The client also was able to obtain an order from the court allowing him regular contact with his child which had not been occurring.
05.2012• Mr. Knight's client, a female, successfully won a 3945 trial after being stripped of custody of her minor child by the father who had made reports to Child Protective Services about the mother.
• A Ruston woman was awarded primary domiciliary custody of her minor child after a trial was held.
• A Ouachita woman successfully held her ex-husband in contempt of court for his failure to abide by the provisions of the child custody order which mandated that the husband be monitored while he was in possession of the minor child.
• A Ouachita Parish man successfully kept custody of his minor child after being brought to court by the mother of the child for a modification of custody. The man, a client of the Knight Law Firm, had previously fended off a motion for contempt brought by the mother.
• A Ruston woman's domestic case was successfully resolved by Robert Knight and she was awarded primary domiciliary custody over her child.
04.2012• Mr. Knight successfully obtained custody for a Caldwell Parish man of his minor children.
• Mr. Knight's client, an Ouachita Parish man, obtained custody of his infant daughter.
• A Florida woman's case was successfully resolved by the Knight Law Firm. The facts included the mother, who was in violation of the Louisiana Relocation Act, was awarded primary domiciliary custody of her minor child.
• A West Carroll man was awarded approximately 50/50 custody of his child after a trial on the merits.
• An Ouachita mother was awarded primary domiciliary custody as well as child support and spousal support.
• A Richland Parish grandmother was given significant custody of her grandchild.
03.2012• Mr. Knight successfully won a 3945 motion for a north Louisiana client whose ex-wife sought to take his child away from him.
• Mr. Knight assisted a Bossier Parish client in obtaining a divorce which placed an end date on alimony payments that the client had paid for several years to his wife.
02.2012• Mr. Knight successfully completed a propery partition trial for a Texas woman who was litigating in Lincoln Parish.
01.2012• Primary custody over two minor children was awarded to Mr. Knight’s male client who worked on a full time basis.
• Mr. Knight obtained maternal grandparents sole custody of a child against the natural mother in a Richland Parish case.
• A trial on a husband's objection to spousal support to a client of the Knight Law Firm successfully resolved in favor of the client.
• Mr. Knight successully terminated final spousal support for a West Monroe man who had been paying final spousal support for over fifteen years.
12.2011• A three (3) day bench trial concluded with a successful modification of custody for a mother of four children who had previously agreed to a fifty/fifty custody arrangement. The mother, a client of the Knight Law Firm, was awarded primary custody over her minor children.
• Temporary sole custody was awarded to a northern Louisiana woman. At the trial, Mr. Knight assisted the father in successfully defending the claims made against him by the mother that resulted in this temporary order.
11.2011• A Lincoln Parish woman was awarded her children after the State of Louisiana had taken sole custody of them, deeming the children “in need of care.”
•Primary custody of two minor children granted to Ouachita Parish man who was self employed. Facts included mother who did not work.
10.2011• Fifty/fifty custody awarded to Ouachita Parish man who was employed full time at Riverwood.
• A confidential settlement was reached via federal mediation in the matter of Fairfield Entergy v. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Prior to this matter, Mr. Knight successfully defended a multi-tiered motion for partial summary judgment that allowed his client’s case to remain intact and allow the case to be successfully settled.
• Mr. Knight successfully obtained primary domiciliary custody for a West Carroll Parish resident who previously had been sharing custody on a week on, the week off basis with her ex-husband.
• Mr. Knight successfully kept an order of equal custody for a Morehouse Parish man who works full time and is self employed. Facts included the mother who does not work and who had filed for primary domiciliary custody.
09.2011• A $25 million dollar settlement reached in a class action involving Hurricane Katrina. Mr. Knight represented a family of nine children that lost their mother at Memorial Medical Center during this time.
• Equal custody awarded to a Richland Parish man who had three children. Facts included that the father worked full time.
• Primary custody of a minor child awarded to the paternal grandparents when an Ouachita Parish hearing officer found that the father was suffering from physical conditions that made him unable to care for the child and also that mother was mentally unfit.
08.2011• A six figure settlement was reached for an East Baton Rouge man who was injured as a result of a car accident. Injuries included neck and back injuries and necessitated epidural steroid injections.
• Sole custody was awarded to an Ouachita Parish man of his two children.
• A six-figure maritime settlement was reached via mediation for a Franklin Parish man who was injured as a result of an oilfield rig injury. The plaintiff suffered a traumatic brain injury that affected his daily life and his ability to continue to work for his former employer, Hercules.
• Farmerville Father was awarded primary domiciliary custody of his minor child and fifty percent custody of his minor daughter.
05.2011A six-figure settlement was reached for a Franklin Parish man who was injured as a result of a car accident. Injuries sustained by the plaintiff included injuries to his neck, upper back, middle back and lower back.
12.2010• Ruling for Ouachita Parish man granting him equal custody of his child along with mother.
10.2010• Verdict for Plaintiff in a disputed car accident case where an independent witness stated that the plaintiff was solely at fault for accident.
09.2010• Primary custody granted to a Union Parish man of his child.
• Equal custody was given to an Ouachita Parish man who was self-employed in numerous business, including construction.
• Primary custody given to a Ouachita Parish man who was self employed as an auto mechanic.
06.2010• Primary domiciliary custody of a minor child given to the paternal grandmother. Facts included the father who was stationed in Iraq. The mother, who fought for custody, was denied due to numerous factual deficiencies proven of her lifestyle choices.
• Equal custody of two children awarded to a Caddo Parish man who was employed full time as a pharmaceutical representative.